July 08, 2017

Weekend with Music: Just What I Needed (ft. Sara Niemietz)

Weekend with Music #2 - Just What I Needed (Listening A2-B1)

Hi there, engrammers! Saturday's here again, English Song Day at Engramme. And a vintage song, once again  fresh out the oven, is all we need. So let's get down to it..

Listen & Enjoy

Just One Thing: We could use 'Just what I needed!' in at least two different situations to mean two different things. Do you know the difference? (let us know in the comments below ;)
Which of those two different meanings is intended in this song? How do you know? (let us know in the comments below ;)

Song Lyrics

It's the weekend, right? No one wants to be bothered, with the lyrics lined! But the lyrics below, are all scrambled, jumbled, and not right! Could you please listen again & put them right? [put a number from 1-20 next to each line]1


Wastin' all my time

It's not the ribbons in your hair

'Cause when you're standin', oh, so near
1
I don’t mind you comin' here


And wastin' all my time [2nd time]

I don't mind you comin' here [2nd time]

As long as it was deep, yeah

Talkin' in your sleep

It doesn't matter where you've been

You look so fancy I can tell

You always knew to wear it well, and…

I don't mind you hangin' out

I don't mind you hangin' out [2nd time]

And talkin' in your sleep [2nd time]

I needed someone to bleed

I guess you're just what I needed

I guess you're just what I needed [2nd time]

I needed someone to feed

Happy Saturday to y'll! If you'd like to listen to last Saturday's Adam Lambert song, just click HERE. And, oh, if you subscribe to our blog e-mail, you'll get posts automatically in your inbox as soon as they appear here.

Did you notice? If you see this (& other posts) on a computer screen, you can mouse over the underlined words and see their meaning. You're welcome ;)

You're a teacher and want to use this in your lessons? We'd be glad to help (and get your invaluable feedback). Click to download a print-friendly copy HERE

1 Why this activity? Arranging jumbled lines from a song will help you focus on the words that you need and the meaninful connections between sentences. It will also help you recognize patterns in English sentences and song rhymes.
2 Notice the use of informal, spoken language in the song: 'kinda' (kind of), wastin' (wasting), 'cause (because). That's why listening to songs is recommended if you intend to improve your comprehension of natural, spoken language.

No comments:

Post a Comment